Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SPDX identifiers

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 16:05:13 +0100
It seems that licensecheck complains about it. I guess the identifier should not have trailers.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:51 PM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

In case you have not noticed, Dario and others have been working on
converting license blurbs to SPDX identifiers.

The current identifiers can be found with:

git grep -he SPDX-License-Identifier ':!tools/licensecheck.pl' | grep -Po ':\s\K[^*]*' | sed 's/ *$//' | sort | uniq -cd | sort -nr

which gives:

   3651 GPL-2.0-or-later
     20 MIT
     11 (BSD-3-Clause OR GPL-2.0-only)
     11 BSD-3-Clause
      6 BSD-2-Clause
      5 LGPL-2.0-or-later
      3 Zlib
      2 (ISC OR GPL-2.0-only)
      2 ISC

Note that the regex matches everything up to and before "*" since some
files just end before the multi-line comment marker:

     * SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later*/

Is this desirable, or should it be put on a separate line? At the moment
there are 431 files that have this problem, as found by:

    git grep -e 'SPDX-License-Identifier.*\*/' ':!tools/licensecheck.pl' | wc -l

This can be fixed automatically, but I am asking just to be sure.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu