Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows builds seem to fail with some frequency even though

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:24:32 -0800
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:55 AM, Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20 February 2018 at 18:01, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have noticed over the last few days that Windows builds are failing
>> quite a lot even though the Linux builds are not.
>>
>> Also, I cannot seem to find the reason for the build failures.
>>
>> Is it something I am doing?
>>

> Do you mean locally, or the Petri-dish or build slaves?

Petri-dish

For example, this one:
https://buildbot.wireshark.org/petri-dish/builders/Windows%20Petri%20Dish%20x64/builds/2307

I can't figure out what is wrong.

There are a whole lot of docbook errors in there, but the Linux build
succeeded and I did not touch the docbook stuff, I believe:

  120>CUSTOMBUILD : compilation error : file
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl
line 33 element include
[C:\buildbot\builders\windows-x86-64-petri-dish\windows-x86-64-petri-dish\build\cmbuild\docbook\developer_guide_html.vcxproj]
         xsl:include : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/common/targets.xsl
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:4:
warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/common/entities.ent";
         %common.entities;
                          ^
         Entity: line 1:
          %common.entities;
                           ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:33:
parser error : Entity 'primary' not defined
                  use="translate(substring(&primary;, 1,
1),&lowercase;,&uppercase;)"/>
                                                    ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:33:
parser error : Entity 'lowercase' not defined
                  use="translate(substring(&primary;, 1,
1),&lowercase;,&uppercase;)"/>
                                                                       ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:33:
parser error : Entity 'uppercase' not defined
                  use="translate(substring(&primary;, 1,
1),&lowercase;,&uppercase;)"/>

            ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:37:
parser error : Entity 'primary' not defined
                  use="&primary;"/>
                                ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:41:
parser error : Entity 'primary' not defined
                  use="concat(&primary;, &sep;, &secondary;)"/>
                                       ^
         http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/autoidx.xsl:41:
parser error : Entity 'sep' not defined

--