Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regenerate asn dissector

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:26:23 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As indicated by Alexis, Anders and Graham, CMake should already have created a target.
Fox example on my Linux machine, in the build tree, I can go to epan\dissectors\asn1\h248 folder and I have a Makefile that, when executed, will run the asn2wrs command and update the file in the source tree.

I'm not sure I got it. Are you talking about autotools or cmake? If you say Makefile I guess you're referring to the former, while I was to the latter.
In cmake, if I change the -template file and re-run the compilation, nothing gets rebuilt. I have to manually run asn2wrs (as per Darien's suggestion) and then I get the c file regenerated. I'm working on Linux, in case it matters.