Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Face issues while installing wireshark on rhel 7

From: Jim Young <jim.young.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:21:40 -0500
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:52:56AM +0530, Aditya Tyagi wrote:
> Please find attached screenshot when i trying to configure wireshark on
> rhel 7..even when it is configured it gives error while that this qt
> function is protected or something...

The error looks to be  ...

<snip>

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:52:56AM +0530, Aditya Tyagi wrote:
> Please find attached screenshot when i trying to configure wireshark on
> rhel 7..even when it is configured it gives error while that this qt
> function is protected or something...

As Dario said, please just copy and paste the output rather than sending
a picture.

I was able to build Wireshark v2.4.5rc0-35-g7cfff44 from the master-2.4
branch with no issues using CMake:

    $ yum list -C installed cmake gcc qt-devel
    Installed Packages
    cmake.x86_64                       2.8.12.2-2.el7                       @base
    gcc.x86_64                         4.8.5-16.el7_4.1                     @updates
    qt-devel.x86_64                    1:4.8.5-15.el7_4                     @updates