Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Question for LUA dissection

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:57:05 -0500

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Just a short question.

I have a protocol, which transports information via TCP. Now we have a segmented download via this protocol, which in turn is a TCP segmented transfer.

I can desegment_tcp_pdus, and end up with a couple of messages with the bigger blocks, which I now need to desegment further.

I am at a loss on how to do that, does anyone have an idea? In C I would use taps and display the final files somewhere else (not in the packet stream), but not really have an idea on how to do this in LUA.

In C you could also use dissect_tcp_pdus() and get the (reassembled) packet in your dissector and dissect that.

Anyone got an Idea?