Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Luacov with Wireshark Lua dissector plugin

From: Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:14:33 +0530
Hi,

I tried using the following in the Wireshark dissector Lua plugin:

  local luacov = require("luacov")

But, the plugin fails to load with the message
"~/.luarocks/share/lua/5.1/luacov/hook.lua:26:attempt to index global
'debug' (a function value)". I had filed a query to Luacov at:

  https://github.com/keplerproject/luacov/issues/55

In luacov/hook.lua, the following debug function is being invoked:

  -- Get name of processed file
  local name = debug.getinfo(level, "S").source  -- line #26

The Luacov author mentions that Wireshark is invoking the 'debug'
function instead of the 'debug' module. How can this be resolved?

Thanks!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan