Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] One quick question

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:50:41 +0530
Okay.
So, If I am sending continuos stream of data at the line rate(1gb/s) and if I am using wireshark to capture the content, it will crash after sometime
due to memory exhaustion. Is there any way to bypass this ? (Any free function/some other work around)
Any suggestion from your side would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advcane

Regards,
Krishnamurthy mayya

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 8, 2018, at 5:29 AM, Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> epan_get_frame_ts
>
> Like the above function, is there any utility function in wireshark which fress the memory allocated for the given frame_num ?

Are you assuming that epan_get_frame_ts() returns a pointer to a freshly-allocated structure that must be freed when the caller no longer needs it?

If so, no, it doesn't.  You do not need to free the structure.