Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] What's the process to get a Zookeeper dissector packaged with wi

From: Jeff Widman <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 00:12:37 -0800
How do I get a dissector for Zookeeper's protocol included by default in Wireshark?

I searched but couldn't find anything about what's required to "promote" a dissector to be packaged with wireshark...

I assume it's more than just code, that there's some process for deciding whether a protocol is popular enough that a dissector for it could be included in core.

Zookeeper is an open-source database for reliably storing metadata. Many popular open-source distributed systems rely heavily on it, including Kafka, Hadoop, Druid, etc.

Given this popularity, I suspect the only reason it's not bundled into Wireshark is no one has had the time to write it, but wanted to confirm before I start hacking on it.