Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Failure to capture all packets with version 2.4.4

From: Fred Young <fred.young@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:54:32 +0000

I upgraded Wireshark from version 2.2.3 to 2.4.4 on my Dell 32-bit Windows 7 machine.

After the upgrade, not all packets are captured by Wireshark; it looks like I may only be capturing broadcast packets.

I made sure that “Enable promiscuous mode on all interfaces” is indeed enabled.

I tried re-installing version 2.4.4, but that didn’t help, so I re-installed version 2.2.3 and it works just fine.

I have a couple of VMware and one VirtualBox interfaces installed on my machine.

Thanks for any help,

Fred Young