Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Plugins all reported as type 'file type'

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:09:13 +0000

On 14-01-2018 23:12, João Valverde wrote:

On 14-01-2018 19:48, Guy Harris wrote:
On Jan 14, 2018, at 9:49 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It seems that the current way of registering plugins (dissector, wiretap or
codec) doesn't really work well. Maybe this is limited to source builds,

As far as I know, it's limited to running from an autotools source build.

The problem is that, in autotools source builds, the plugin binary files are all in the source directories of the plugins, not in the expected subdirectories; CMake builds put them in the appropriate subdirectories under "run".

This requires changing the source tree to fix, by moving /plugins to /epan/plugins. If we had bundled wiretap plugins, those would go in /wiretap/plugins. We don't, so libwiretap should find nothing at all when running from the build dir.

I'm pressed for time right now, I'll get to that when I can.

In progress.