Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Subtree expand/collapse tracking

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:24:55 +0100
Hi,
when I build Wireshark from the current git repository, I get a
different behaviour in tracking expanded/collapsed subtrees compared to
the latest stable 2.4.4.

In 2.4.4 if I have expanded a 2nd level (or deeper) subtree element like
tcp.flags and then selected another packet, then also the tree was
expanded to this level.
I thought the intention of the ett_ variables are to keep track of which
subtrees are expanded.

With my compiled version from the git repository, the expanded nodes are
only tracked on the root node. In tcp for example, if I expand the tcp
tree then all other tcp root nodes are expanded in all other packets I
select.
All subtree elements are closed, but now always. And it does not seem
like random when an expanded subtree element is tracked.

Is this an intented "new behaviour" or a bug?

System: Windows 7, 32 Bit

--
Thomas