Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with or without extcap

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 00:19:20 +0100
We had this discussion a bung of times. I have nothing against having a preference, but I am very much against making not-loading extcap the default. New users should not face a hassle to enable a capture interface, but existing users, who wish to improve the performance in any way, can profit from an option doing exactly that.

So +1 on making this option available big -1 on making it default to not-loading

cheers