Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with or without extcap

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 22:21:40 +0100

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:02 AM, Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What about an environment variable that disable extcap interfaces loading?

Or even better; a UI configurable preference to enable/disable extcap interfaces.

This should be default on.  When turned on or off it will automatically run a "Refresh Interfaces" to load/unload extcap interfaces without having to manually restart or "Refresh Interfaces".

Sounds good!
I'm working on 3 separate patches:
1) remove extcap ifdefs
2) prevent extcap loading based on env variable (during the review process we can decide whether to keep this or not)
3) prevent extcap loading based on pref.

For the last one I'm just missing how to properly refresh the interface list. I've called wsApp->refreshLocalInterfaces() but the list doesn't get refreshed. Can you give it a look?
Thanks.
Dario.