Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling with or without extcap

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:40:38 +0100
During some reviews it went out again the point of compiling without pcap and without extcap. We've discussed a lot about pcap, but not that much about extcap.
Extcap is the feature to plug external modules, then it's not a core part, nor a mandatory feature. But it doesn't hurt: also without actual external modules, wireshark works perfectly fine with extcap support, doesn't it? Moreover it doesn't depend on any external library.
What about removing the conditional compilation for extcap? That would relieve the need for supporting another conditional compilation besides pcap. I'd like to hear some opinion, taking one side or another.
Cheers,
Dario.