Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] EAPOL and Key MIC values longer than 16 bytes

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 07:44:53 -0800
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 11:16 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2018, at 9:02 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The DPP spec requires the EAPOL Key MIC length to be the same as the
>> Nonce length.
>
> Is that a DPP spec other than the Wi-Fi Alliance's Draft Wi-Fi Device Provisioning Protocol (DPP) Technical Specification Version 0.0.23?  That spec doesn't seem to speak of any message integrity code - or of EAPOL.

Yeah. I have 0_2_8 and am told that 0_2_15 exists.

0_2_8 says, in section 8.4.2:

"The length of the hash algorithm output shall be used as the length
of PMK. The Nonce length in table shall be used as the length of KCK
and EAPOL-Key MIC. The length of KEK shall be 128 if the Nonce length
is 128; otherwise, the length of KEK shall be 256. The NIST AES key
wrap shall be used as the EAPOL-Key encryption algorithm. "

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe