Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Trying to enable logs for wireshark

From: ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 20:02:45 -0500
Hi,

I am running wireshark on a mac and I am trying to enable g_log for wireshark. As stated here, https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips, I am trying to change the console.log.level to 252, however the console.log.level setting appears to be frozen and I am unable to change it. The navigation that I am following to reach this place is

wireshark --> preferences --> advanced

I am trying to do this on the dev version and following are the environment details. Does someone know why this is not working

Environment information
---------------------------------------

Version 2.5.0 (v2.5.0rc0-2217-g4f146fa9)

Copyright 1998-2018 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Compiled (64-bit) with Qt 5.5.1, with libpcap, without POSIX capabilities, with

GLib 2.50.3, with zlib 1.2.8, without SMI, with c-ares 1.12.0, with Lua 5.2.4,

with GnuTLS 3.5.8, with Gcrypt 1.7.6, with MIT Kerberos, with GeoIP, without

nghttp2, without LZ4, without Snappy, with libxml2 2.9.4, with QtMultimedia,

without SBC, without SpanDSP, without bcg729.

Running on Mac OS X 10.12.6, build 16G1114 (Darwin 16.7.0), with Intel(R)

Core(TM) i5-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (with SSE4.2), with 8192 MB of physical memory,

with locale en_US.UTF-8, with libpcap version 1.8.1 -- Apple version 67.60.2,

with GnuTLS 3.5.8, with Gcrypt 1.7.6, with zlib 1.2.8, binary plugins supported

(0 loaded).

Built using clang 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2).

Wireshark is Open Source Software released under the GNU General Public License.

Check the man page and http://www.wireshark.org for more information.

Thanks,
Ajay