Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question about git style

From: Craig Jackson <cejackson51@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 17:44:49 -0500
I'm curious whether each submission to gerrit must be a single commit. I'm accustomed with other source management systems to making a branch and then committing fairly frequently. I would do intermediate commits before I had anything complete enough to be added to the mainline code of what I was working on.

I'm new to git and gerrit, but it seems like gerrit wants each submission to be a single commit.

What is the best style? Should I do a commit, and then amend it as I continue to develop?

Craig Jackson