Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] git question

From: "e-mail graham.shanks" <graham.shanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 22:23:07 +0000 (GMT)

After submitting some changes to git review and getting them accepted I get the following message when I do a git status:

C:\Development\wireshark>git status
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 3 commits.
(use "git push" to publish your local commits)
nothing to commit, working tree clean

A search on this message suggests that I need to do a git pull --rebase, but the documentation suggests that this will synchronise with the remote repository (which is what I want to do) but then try to apply the commits (which I don't want to do, I think). The git documentation on rebase doesn't seem to cover what I think the wireshark repository is doing.

Is git pull --rebase the correct thing to do? Also did I do something wrong to get into this state?

Regards
Graham