Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Size of Qt Dist

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:37:15 -0800
On Nov 29, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks.  I see what you mean.  I’ll delete the sub-folders covering other environments.

So what did you download and install?

If you downloaded a binary distribution for a particular platform, I'm not sure there should *be* sub-folders covering other environments, unless 1) the download itself includes an option to install source code (the macOS binary distribution does) and 2) you selected that option.  As Roland noted, there is no need to select that option unless you think you're going to need to look at the source to Qt or modify it.

The source code isn't *that* big, unless 5.9.3 got a lot bigger than 5.5, or all the big stuff is in components for which I didn't install the source; the 5.5 source is about 750MB on my machine.