Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua question for dissectors

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:52:11 +0000

From: Wireshark-dev [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roland Knall
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:11 AM
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Lua question for dissectors

Hi

Just a short question, can anyone point me into the direction on how to generate a sub-TVB in LUA from a reassembled stream?

We can display the data, but I want to have a sub-TVB displayed, and cannot figure out which method to use.

Cheers

Hi Roland,

Have you looked at the fpm.lua script available at https://wiki.wireshark.org/Lua/Examples?

After fpm_proto.dissector() does the reassembly, dissectFPM() is called, which simply does the normal tree:add(), for the given tvb:range(), i.e.:

    -- We start by adding our protocol to the dissection display tree.

    local tree = root:add(fpm_proto, tvbuf:range(offset, length_val))

Does that help?

- Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information.  This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.