Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Processing packet before exporting it.

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 22:04:07 +0100
W dniu 2017-11-22 18:02, Pascal Quantin napisał(a):

There was indeed an experimental packet editor, but it was very limited
(basically as far as I can remember it could edit values like what you
could do with an hex editor, but was not a generic encoder for any given
protocol).

It was a little bit smarter hex editor :)

It could detect wireshark data types, like: big/little numbers with bitmasks; strings; IP addresses, ...

There is a demo on youtube editing string and checksum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=DcQHE6Z3Ghc

Regards,
Jakub.