Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Top of trunk failing to build with make on SuSE 12.2(and oth

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 12:34:47 -0800
On Nov 22, 2017, at 8:48 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Build with make  is failing for me with: (this is equivalent to top of trunk)
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'register.c', needed by 'libwireshark_la-register.lo'.  Stop.

Sometimes a change to the build procedure isn't automatically handled by the resulting make rules, and you have to do a "make distclean" and re-configure (and there may even be cases where you have to do a "make maintainer-clean" and re-run autogen.sh).

Try that.  If that doesn't work, make sure you have GNU Make 4.x on the machines where the build fails, as autotools builds now require that version of make.