Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OSX build fails

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 01:17:10 -0800
On Nov 22, 2017, at 12:37 AM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Might be a stupid question but on my account, only Linux machines are now capable of building Wireshark out of the box with autotools on default, right?

Not having tried it recently on Solaris, and not having a development environment installed on my *BSD virtual machines set up to build Wireshark, I can't say that for certain.  They *would* require that GNU Make be installed - the BSD make and the Solaris make probably won't work, so it's "gmake 2>&1 | tee errs" or whatever.