Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rpcap support seems to have disappeared ...

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:19:40 +0100

Le 11 nov. 2017 17:15, "Richard Sharpe" <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Pascal Quantin
<pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Richard,

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am hearing from one user that they could no longer use rpcap from
>> 2.0.2 of Wireshark, and I see that while I can enable it in configure
>> (--with-remote-pcap) it does not seem to show up in the
>> Capture->Interface or Capture->Options.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get it to work or if it works?
>

> I have not used it myself lately, but the configuration dialog is still
> present. Go to Capture -> Options -> Manage Interfaces -> Remote Interfaces
> tab.

Hmmm, you are correct for 2.4.2, however, for the latest Master that
does not seem to work, at least on the GTK version ...

Still investigating.

Nobody is working on GTK version, that is deprecated. Expect it to work less and less over time.
The menu is present in Qt version for master branch also but as I said I have not used it since more than a year. Nobody reported that it is broken yet, but it could be because it is not used that much.