Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SPDX-License-Identifier blurbs

From: "Darien Spencer" <cusneud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:44:48 +0100
Since this patch was merged, should we start replacing (manually or automaticly) the license info in other files such as dissectors?

Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 at 6:09 PM
From: "Gerald Combs" <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] SPDX-License-Identifier blurbs
Earlier today I gave a short talk about navigating Wireshark's source code. One thing I mentioned is that we have quite a bit of boilerplate at the top and bottom of most files, and in the past this has confused git when copying and renaming files (for me, at least).

I've uploaded a change at https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/24302/ which starts the process of replacing the GPLv2-or-later blurb at the top of various files with "SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+". Is there any reason we shouldn't go ahead with this?