Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filter expression aliases and parameterization ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 13:17:27 -0800
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Simon Barber via Wireshark-dev
<wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd love to be able to add these, for example instead of writing
>
> wlan.fc.type_subtype == 0x19
>
> write
>
> wlan.beacon

OK, I'll mark you down as someone who is interested in aliasing of
filter expressions. I will create a bug in bugzilla and then I can
think about it, but only after I create a dissector table for the WPS
stuff and fix a CISCO-related Wi-Fi issue someone asked me about.

It will require some thought because we should probably indicate the
alias when someone types in the other form. Ie, if they enter
wlan.beacon it should list in brackets (wlan.fc.type_subtype == 0x19)
and vice versa.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe