Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Finding protocol for field_info

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 08:15:13 +0100
Hi

TLDR: I have a field_info pointer and the proto_tree pointer it is residing in, and want to figure out the item for the protocol node the field resides in.

Long version: I am currently wading through old code in an effort to separate gui and data. One such patches appears for the ByteView, and so far I have been successful, except for one thing:

If you mouseover an element the parent of that field should be highlighted. This is working with a very ugly workaround, and I was wondering, if there is any chance to figure out the protocol proto_item, if you have a tree and the correct field_info?

Cheers,
Roland