Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tips regarding measuring function execution times

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 07:14:27 +0000

Thanks Graham,

I wasn’t aware of that.  The hot path concept is the same as I get from PerfView but I may need to get even more granular, i.e. code blocks rather than functions, hence the interest in  timers.  I also thought that timing would give me a cross check.  I plan to look into Guy’s suggestion regarding CPU time – as he says, I only need relative values.  I’ll try to find some time this weekend.

Best regards…Paul