Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Exposing the encoding of fields

From: "Sultan, Hassan" <sultah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:53:13 +0000

Hi everyone,

Sorry for going silent for a while, I had to step away from my Wireshark-based project for a while.

Looking at the code of Wireshark, unless I misunderstood it, it seems that the encoding of fields (aside of big/little endian for integers) is not exposed in field_info/header_field_info ?

I’m talking about the various ENC_XXXX values, I can’t find them exposed anywhere in the header_field_info or field_info structures. These values are very useful to be able to process the text strings present in the packet.

Thanks,

Hassan