Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Best way to give configuration information to a protocol

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 18:44:57 +0200
Hi all,

I have now an UAT dialog. In the ~~copy_cb of the records, I am allocating an object and passing it to a registry that I maintain in the dissector.

The registry is initialized like this:

  registry = wmem_map_new_autoreset(wmem_epan_scope(), wmem_file_scope(), hash_by_guid, compare_by_guid);

However, if there is already an object in the UAT config file, when I start Wireshark (I know that we are out of the file scope) I get the following error:

ERROR:wmem_core.c:52:wmem_alloc: assertion failed: (allocator->in_scope)
Aborted (core dumped)

Because I am doing:

    type_mapping_object = wmem_new(wmem_file_scope(), type_mapping);

My question is, how can I manage this situation? should I allocate the object in a different callback? or should I change the scope? I have tried wmem_epan_scope() and it doesn't work either.

My goal is to populate the registry with the information I have in the UAT configuration file.

Thanks,
Juanjo Martin