Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add a protocol to the "decode as" option

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 21:05:03 +0200
Hi Juan Jose,

Hi everybody,

I have a set of plugins that work on top of the RTPS protocol. Which is the cleanest and right way to get this set of plugins available when I click in "decode as" in a RTPS packet?

If you create a dissector table for your RTPS payload (presumably that's what would need to be decoded as), then your plugins can register themselves using the dissector_add_for_decode_as() function.

Best regards,
Pascal.