Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Best way to give configuration information to a protocol

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:12:00 +0200
Hi all,

Which is the best way to pass configuration to a protocol? Do we have any builtin mechanisms? I tried to upload a patch using CSV at some point but it didn't succeed. So I wonder if there is any recommended way I can implement: table or list in the Preferences, XML file, CSV file...

My goal is to pass ("GUID", "plugin_name") pairs to the RTPS protocol so Wireshark knows dynamically what plugin it should call to deserialize data that is written by the DataWriter with id = "GUID". The GUID is part of the DATA packet and it is already dissected and known at that point.

Thanks,
Juanjo Martin