Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] causes for losing COL_PROTOCOL or COL_INFO data

From: Michael Mann <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:15:56 -0400
I would have blamed having logic under pinfo->fd->flags.visited, but since Wireshark does 2 passes (one with visited = FALSE, other visited = TRUE), your columns should never be populated.  Subsequent dissection from changing display filters will continue to have pinfo->fd->flags.visited = TRUE.
That's the only thing I can think of.

Is your protocol displayed otherwise in the packet tree?  Is there fragmentation (and possibly faulty logic for reassembly)?