Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin installation path

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 23:44:09 +0100
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken we have a policy of binary compatibility between patch releases (X.Y.Z)

Should we change the installation path for plugins from $pkglibdir/plugins/X.Y.Z to $pkglibdir/plugins/X.Y to reflect that?

The logic being that out-of-tree plugins don't need and shouldn't have to be reinstalled from X.Y.Z to X.Y.Z+1 (if that policy is followed correctly).

Thoughts?