Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Introducing an FT_OUI type, should it be an integer or bytes

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 21:58:28 -0700
On Aug 19, 2017, at 5:23 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	1) Filter expressions that compare an OUI field against a 24-bit integral value might become invalid - but you might be able to make that work by allowing FT_OUI be represented, in filters, either as an integral value or as 3 octets (allowing 0C0102, 0C:01:02, etc.).

Speaking of which:

	https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/62485/isakmpispi-as-a-display-filter

should we allow a byte string value in a filter expression to be represented with colons, dashes, dots, or nothing as a separator between the byte values?  (Space would be trickier, as it's also a token separator; that way may lie FORTRAN IV and FORTRAN 77, the latter of which, as I remember, required a fairly carefully constructed lexical analyzer in the original Bell Labs f77 compiler, feeding a YACC parser.)