Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Hierarchy of fields & offsets again, more potential offender

From: "Sultan, Hassan" <sultah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 21:08:31 +0000
So if this needs to be fixed, but we can't change the tcp protocol length, nor move tcp.payload to the top-level, what are the options left ?

My personal view is towards being able to process the information in an automated manner. I'd personally strive for some type of consistency, but I'm not sure what the options are here.