Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark support for Qt4.8

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:34:12 +0200
Hi

Wireshark master currently does not build with Qt 4.8. The reason for that, can be seen in

These issues should be fixed in the near future. But it raises the bigger topic, if Qt 4.8 should be supported in whatever version comes after 2.4. Are there any big reasons or support cases, where Qt 4.8 is a definite requirement and going to Qt 5.x is not an option?

The list on https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Support_library_version_tracking is a starting point for discussion I would assume, but as we no longer support Qt 4.6, SLES 12 and RHEL/CentoOS 7 would be my point of reference, and both support Qt 5.

Am I missing some references here? An can we start to discuss moving the Qt version to 5.x

cheers
Roland