Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Checking for Qt in a dissector

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 18:57:01 +0200
Hi Paul,

Le 3 juil. 2017 18:47, "Paul Offord" <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I have a dissector that needs to confirm that it is running in a Qt environment i.e. Wireshark 2.x.x and not tshark.  What is a good way to check for this?

Sorry to say that but IMHO you should not / must not have such a need. Any dissector that would behave differently depending on the application used (command line, GTK UI, Qt UI) has a design flaw.
Dissectors should behave the same way whatever the user frontend, and taps are here to present the data to the user differently depending on the interface used.
I sincerely hope we do not expose the info you are requesting to libwireshark....

Regards,
Pascal.