Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] linux package requirements for wireshark build

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 16:30:55 -0700
On Jun 25, 2017, at 6:28 AM, Alan Partis <alpartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, this _particular_ problem is because I had both i686 and x86_64
> versions of the zlib package installed ... _and_  was missing zlib-devel.

If you didn't have *any* zlib-devl packages installed, it should've decided zlib wasn't available, as there shouldn't have been any zlib header files.

Do you still have the config.log file from that failure?  If so, could you please send it, so we can try to figure out why the configure script thought it had zlib and should try linking with it (and why it looked at the 32-bit versions, rejected them, and didn't find the 64-bit versions)?