Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] linux package requirements for wireshark build

From: Alan Partis <alpartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 09:18:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 24 Jun 2017, Guy Harris wrote:

> >  One of the lines of output from ./configure is:
> >
> > "checking for inet_ntop... no"
> >
> > One the Fedora 25 system, where I'm successful with the build, it says:
> >
> > "checking for inet_ntop... yes"
>
> So, if you look for that test in the config.log files on the two systems
> (searching for inet_ntop in the file should find it), what is the output
> for the test in question in the two files?

The complaint appears to be about the gcc "-lz" flag.  Results in:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/6.3.1/../../../libz.so when searching for
-lz
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libz.so when searching for -lz
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libz.so when searching for -lz
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz

I still suspect a package problem.  It might serve me well to simply
uninstall gcc and it's related libraries and start again.

Alan Partis
thundernet development group