Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] linux package requirements for wireshark build

From: Alan Partis <alpartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 14:16:08 -0400 (EDT)
I have built the wireshark binary in the past on a Fedora 20 system and
more recently on a Fedora 25 system.  Not entirely w/o struggles to ensure
the correct libraries/packages are present, but have still been successful
in the long run.

Today I'm trying it on a Fedora 24 system and I'm running into a
compilation error complaining about conflicting types for 'inet_ntop'

I have been trying to figure out what's different between my Fedora 24 and
Fedora 25 machines, but in the mean time I'm curious if there is a list of
required packages that need to be installed on a Linux system for
wireshark development.

Obviously I've been _at least_ fortunate to have had 2 systems (Fedora 20
and 25) correctly configured, but it sure would be helpful if I knew _why_
they were correct.

Alan Partis
thundernet development group