Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding support to Wireshark for CSV, TSV and SSV data types

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:17:33 +0000
Hi Guy,

The new block idea sounds good.

Just to explain further why I think this would be a useful feature.  Bear in mind that this is a demo and I accept your point on block types.  In the screenshot attached you can see IIS web log data merged with packet data.  Imagine that the packets were HTTPS rather than HTTP; you wouldn't be able to see the content in the packets but you can get a view of at least some of the content in the IIS log entries.

There are other data types that could be included.  For example, it's possible to export Microsoft Sysinternals Process Monitor trace entries to CSV.  This could be merged with network trace data to enrich it.

Best regards...Paul