Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] My Windows build seemed to be going so well until ...

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 20:10:07 +0000
> Sigh. There is something really weird about my cygwin setup. I managed to get
> past the previous problems and now am hitting this:
>
>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\all_guides.vcxproj.metaproj"
> (default target) (3) ->
>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guides.vcxproj.metaproj"
> (default target) (30) ->
>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj.metaproj"
> (default target) (32) ->
>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj"
> (default target) (119) ->
>          CUSTOMBUILD : I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> [C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj]
>
> --
> Regards,
> Richard Sharpe
> (何以解憂?唯有杜康。--曹操)

For what it's worth, it might be useful to check the buildbot's environment.  For example, if you visit https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/waterfall then select the stdio link of the step of interest for the most similar buildbot to your system, you can check that buildbot's environment and output to see how it compares with your own.

Take Windows Server 2012 R2 x64, Build 3878 for example:

    -> ran CMake stdio: https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/builders/Windows%20Server%202012%20R2%20x64/builds/3878/steps/compile/logs/stdio
    -> compiled with MSBuild stdio: https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/builders/Windows%20Server%202012%20R2%20x64/builds/3878/steps/compile_1/logs/stdio

Hope that helps?  If not, I have a couple of batch files that I use to help me set up the environment and to build Wireshark that I could probably share?

One last tip to try is to remove Cygwin from your %PATH% prior to running cmake.  For me, having Cygwin in the %PATH% causes problems, so I remove it.
- Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information.  This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.