Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] My Windows build seemed to be going so well until ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:40:18 -0700
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Graham Bloice
> <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> On 19 June 2017 at 15:02, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> No tool but you need whatever package supplies `htmlhelp.xsl`.
>>>
>>> Or you can remove the "--nonet" option which is what is preventing it from
>>> trying to get the file off the 'net (there was recently some discussion--but
>>> no resolution that I'm aware of--of the wiseness of using "--nonet").
>>>

>> According to the Cygwin package index
>> (https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=htmlhelp.xsl&arch=x86_64)
>> that file should be part of the asciidoc package and in my build VM is in
>> etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl.
>
> Thanks for that. I will make sure that I have ascii doc installed. I
> extracted the command and ran it manually and initially it seemed that
> /etc/xml/catalog was empty, but I managed to copy that from a Linux
> system and got further.

Sigh. There is something really weird about my cygwin setup. I managed
to get past the previous problems and now am hitting this:

       "C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\all_guides.vcxproj.metaproj"
(default target) (3) ->
       "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guides.vcxproj.metaproj"
(default target) (30) ->
       "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj.metaproj"
(default target) (32) ->
       "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj"
(default target) (119) ->
         CUSTOMBUILD : I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
[C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj]

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe