Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] My Windows build seemed to be going so well until ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:12:07 -0700
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19 June 2017 at 15:02, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Richard Sharpe
>> <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I am getting this:
>>> ----------------------------
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
>>>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj.metaproj"
>>> (default target) (62) ->
>>>        "C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj"
>>> (default target) (116) ->
>>>          CUSTOMBUILD : I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
>>> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/ht
>>>        mlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl
>>> [C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj]
>>>          CUSTOMBUILD : compilation error : file
>>> /cygdrive/c/Development/wireshark/docbook/custom_layer_chm.xsl line 8
>>>        lement import
>>> [C:\Development\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj]
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> A quick search suggests that other people are seeing similar errors. I
>>> definitely have access to the internet and am doing this from home.
>>> Also, a wget from a different shell (cygwin) succeeds for that file.
>>>
>>> Is there some tool I have failed to install that is needed?
>>

>> No tool but you need whatever package supplies `htmlhelp.xsl`.
>>
>> Or you can remove the "--nonet" option which is what is preventing it from
>> trying to get the file off the 'net (there was recently some discussion--but
>> no resolution that I'm aware of--of the wiseness of using "--nonet").
>>

> According to the Cygwin package index
> (https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=htmlhelp.xsl&arch=x86_64)
> that file should be part of the asciidoc package and in my build VM is in
> etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl.

Thanks for that. I will make sure that I have ascii doc installed. I
extracted the command and ran it manually and initially it seemed that
/etc/xml/catalog was empty, but I managed to copy that from a Linux
system and got further.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe