Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark on Windows 10 with VS2013 ...

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 20:26:36 +0100

On 18 June 2017 at 19:19, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

I can't seem to find the Visual Studio Command Prompt on my Windows 10
system with VS-2013 installed.

Does anyone know how to find or install that thing?

From the start menu, locate the Visual Studio 2013 item under the "V" block, open that and in there should be "Visual Studio Tools", that opens an Explorer window with the various tool window shortcuts listed.  Choose the "Native" x64 or x86 item as appropriate.  Pin the item(s) to your toolbar so you can find them again.

An alternative if you've made the jump to PowerShell is to use "Import-VisualStudioVars" from the PowerShell Community Extensions (PSCX) module (https://github.com/Pscx/Pscx/releases).

--
Graham Bloicee