Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] packet-lorawan.c compile error because of stuff added yester

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:09:13 -0700
On Jun 13, 2017, at 1:54 PM, Erik de Jong <erikdejong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it possible to have a petridish build for OSX as well? That's where the issue came from originally and why it got into the master branch.

That might be a good idea, but don't rely on it to catch problems with older versions of libraries that don't come with the OS; we provide our own libgcrypt in macOS, and we may - and probably *should* - upgrade to a newer version so as to make functionality that depends on newer libgcrypt available in the binary releases.

I might vote for *also* adding a 32-bit CentOS 6 buildbot, because

	1) it provides a non-Debian-derived Linux buildbot;

	2) I think CentOS 6 comes with a prehistoric version of Wireshark, and people often want to build something more modern on it;

	3) it might have old enough versions of various libraries to test for those versions;

	4) a 32-bit buildbot will have a UN*X test, as well as the existing Windows test, for code that assumes 64-bit pointers.