Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 2.5 - cannot build CORBA IDL dissectors

From: David Hagood <david.hagood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 06:48:32 -0500
I am trying to build dissectors for specialized CORBA IDLs (SCA 2.2.2 and SCA 4.1), but there have been some changes to the idl2wrs program that make all the instructions that I have been able to find on the web and on the Wireshark WIKI invalid. The command line parameter has changed from an IDL file to <interface> - but there is no information as to what that is supposed to be. It *looks* like it is supposed to the be base name of an IDL file in the current directory, but when I try that I get an error parsing the IDL file.

Has anybody tried this recently? and are there any newer guides on how to build dissectors? Is there an easier way to build a dissector plug in; one that does not entail rebuilding all of Wireshark? or that yields a shared library that could easily be distributed?