Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Does it take a while before a public key becomes available o

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:01:41 +0100

On 13 June 2017 at 13:37, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:08 AM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Usually adding the key should take immediately. Try on a console window
> together with your user-name and don't forget the port 29418.
>
> Usually the following command should print you the version on a console:
>
>    ssh -p 29418 <your_username>@code.wireshark.org gerrit version

Thanks, I will give it a try when I have finished debugging this other
problem I have at work.

I guess I was confused by this instruction:

         git clone ssh://[email protected].org:29418/wireshark

because Phabricator used a weird single username. Since you have put
angle brackets around your_username it is clear that I should replace
that token with my username.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe

The commands are different because they're intended for two different purposes.

The ssh command attempts to open a remote shell connection to the gerrit server, the git clone command uses ssh to clone the wireshark repository.

--
Graham Bloice