Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fixing #12958 (Duplicated keys in -T json output)

From: Daan De Meyer <daan.j.demeyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:10:15 +0000
I've submitted a patch which refactors the JSON output functions in order to support grouping multiple nodes in a json array. Before being printed a node's children are grouped using a grouping function. If multiple children end up in the same group they are printed as a json array in the output.

Right now the grouping function puts every child in a separate group so as to not change the current json output. Removing duplicate keys in the output is as simple as changing the grouping function to a function that groups children based on their json key. More complex grouping functions could also be added in the future.

The patch can be found here: https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/22064/ . I've tested the changes by diffing json output from this commit against json output from the current master branch. The output is exactly the same for multiple traces with multiple combinations of options enabled (-x, -j, -T jsonraw).

Is creating the change on the code review site all I need to do or is some other step required before the patch can get reviewed?

Regards,

Daan